Pontifical University of Santa Croce 2014
Barber - The New Temple, the New Priesthood, and the New Cult in Luke-Acts
Bergsma - Qumran and the Concept of Pan-Israelite Restoration
Eubank - Purchasing the Rewards of Eternal Life
Hahn - From Old to New. Covenant or Testament in Hebrews 9
Holmes - Matthew as Exegete
Huizenga - The Tradition of Christian Allegory Yesterday and Today
Innerst - Divine Pedagogy and Covenant Memorial
Morrow - Historical Criticism as Secular Allegorism
Pitre - Jesus, the Messianic Wedding Banquet, and the Restoration of Israel
Sri - New Approaches to Marian Typology in Luke 1
More Recommended Readings:
- Hahn, Scott. "Covenant, Kingdom and the Family of God." Presented at the Scripture and Hermeneutics Seminar Meeting, San Francisco, 18 November, 2011.
- Hahn, Scott. "Christ, Kingdom, and Creation in Luke-Acts"
- Hahn, Scott. "Temple, Sign, and Sacrament: Towards a New Perspective on the Gospel of John"
- Hahn, Scott. Reasons to Believe (pp. 143-188; chs. 11-14)
- Hahn, Scott. Letter & Spirit: From Written Text to Living Word in the Liturgy[chs. 7 & 9]
- Pitre, Brant. "Jesus, the New Temple, and the New Priesthood"
- Pitre, Brant. "Jesus, the Messianic Banquet, and the Kingdom of God"
- Ratzinger, Joseph Cardinal "The New Covenant: On the Theology of the Covenant in the New Testament"
- Schonborn, Christoph Cardinal "The Kingdom of God and the Heavenly-Earthly Church"
- Bea, Augustin Cardinal."Vatican II and the Truth of Sacred Scripture,"
- Bergsma, John. "Cultic Kingdoms in Conflict in the Book of Daniel." Letter and Spirit 5 (2009). pp 51-76,
- Bouyer, Louis. "The Two Economies of Divine Government: Satan and Christ in the New Testament and Early Christian Tradition,"
- Cavalletti, Sofia. "Memorial and Typology in Jewish and Christian Liturgy,"
- Clancy, Finbarr G."Imitating the mysteries that you celebrate: martyrdom and Eucharist in the early Patristic period," From The Great Persecution: The Proceedings of the Fifth Patristics Conference, Maynooth, 2003, eds. D. Vincent Twomey SVD and Mark Humphries. Dublin: Four Courts Press (2009), pp. 106-140.
- Congar, Yves M. J. Cardinal. "Church, Kingdom, and the Eschatological Temple."
- Corriveau, Raymond. "Temple, Holiness, and the Liturgy of Life in Corinthians."
- Cross, Frank Moore. "Kinship and Covenant in Ancient Israel." From Epic to Canon: History and Literature in Ancient Israel(Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000), pp. 3-21.
- Danielou, Jean Cardinal. "The Sign of the Temple: A Meditation."
- Dillenschneider CSsr, Clement. "The Eschatological Dynamism of Our Sacraments." The Dynamic Power of Our Sacraments (St. Louis: Herder, 1966), pp. 111-135.
- Driscoll, Jeremy."The Word of God in the Liturgy of the New Covenant."
- Durrwell, F.X."The Sacrament of Sacred Scripture,"
- Durrwell, F.X."Eucharist and Parousia: The Fundamental Basis of the Interpretation of the Real Presence." Lumen Vitae Vol. 26, No. 1 (March 1971), pp. 273-315.
- Fletcher-Louis, Crispin H.T. "The Destruction of the Temple and the Relativization of the Old Covenant: Mark 12:31 and Matthew 5:18," . Eschatology in Bible & Theology; eds. K.E. Brower and M.W. Elliott (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1997), pp. 145-169.
- Hahn, Scott. "The Symphony of the Old and New Testaments in the Biblical Theology of Pope Benedict XVI," Communio 37.3, Fall 2011. pgs 425-58.
- Hahn, Scott. "Liturgy and Empire: Prophetic Historiography and Faith in Exile in 1-2 Chronicles." Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 5 (2009), pp. 13-50.
- Hahn, Scott. "Christ, Kingdom and Creation: Davidic Christology and Ecclesiology in Luke-Acts." Letter and Spirit 3 (2007) pp 113-138.
- Hahn, Scott. "The Authority of Mystery: the Biblical Theology of Pope Benedict XVI." Letter and Spirit 2 (2006). pp. 76-119.
- Hahn, Scott. "For the Sake of Our Salvation: The Truth and Humility of God's Word." Letter and Spirit (2010). pp. 21-45.
- Morales, Rodrigo J. "A Liturgical Conversion of the Imagination: Worship and Ethics in 1 Corinthians." Letter and Spirit 5 (2009). pp 103-124.
- McGoldrick, Patrick. "Liturgy: The Context of Patristic Exegesis" from Scriptural Interpretation in the Fathers, eds. Thomas Finan and Vincent Twomey. Dublin: Four Courts Press (1995), pp. 27-37.
- Vu Chi Hy, Paul. The Pledge of Future Glory: The Eschatological Dimension of the Eucharist - A Systematic Exploration (Ph.D. Dissertation, Australian Catholic University, 2004)
- Pitre, Brant. "The 'Ransom for Many,' the New Exodus, and the End of the Exile: Redemption as the Restoration of All Israel (Mark 10:35-45)," Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Theology 1 (2005) pp. 41-68.
Catholic Bible Dictionary excerpts (Doubleday 2009)
- Excerpts from Magisterial Sources: Vatican II-Pope Benedict XVI
- Pope John Paul II. Ecclesia de Eucharista. (Papal Encyclical, 2003)
- Pope Benedict XVI. Verbum Domini: Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Benedict XVI (2010)
- Pope Benedict XVI. Sacramentum Caritatis: Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation on the Eucharist as the Source and Summit of the Church's Life and Mission(2007)
- Pope Benedict XVI. Spe Salvi: Saved in Hope (Papal Encyclical, 2007)