The Relationship Between the Old and New Testaments
SCHOLARLY ARTICLES BY HAHN
- "Covenant." The Oxford Encyclopedia of The Bible and Theology. 2015. pp. 151-166.
- "From Old to New: Covenant or Testament in Hebrews 9." Letter & Spirit 8 (2013): pp. 13-34.
- "Canon, Cult and Covenant." Scripture and Hermeneutics Series 7: Canon and Biblical Interpretaion, ed. Craig G. Bartholomew et al. (Zondervan, 2006), pp. 209-235.
- "The Authority of Mystery: The Biblical Theology of Pope Benedict XVI." Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 2 (2006), pp. 97-140.
- "The Symphony of the Old and New Testaments in the Biblical Theology of Pope Benedict XVI," Communio 37.3, Fall 2011. pgs 425-58.
- "Covenant, Cult, and the Curse-of-Death: διαθήκη in Hebrews 9:15-22." Hebrews: Contemporary Methods - New Insights, ed. Gabriella Gelardini (Leiden: Brill, 2005).
- "Covenant Oath and the Aqedah: διαθήκη in Galatians 3:15-18." Catholic Biblical Quarterly 67.1 (2005), pp. 79-100.
- "Covenant in the Old and New Testaments: Some Current Research (1994–2004)." Currents in Biblical Research 3.2 (2005), pp. 263-292.
- "'All Israel Will Be Saved': The Restoration of the Twelve Tribes in Romans 9-11." Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 10 (2015), pp. 65-108.
- "Fulfillment in Christ: Priority of the Abrahamic Covenant in Paul’s Argument Against the Galatian Opponents (Galatians 3:15-18)" By Scott Hahn. Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 9 (2014), pp. 153-175.
- "Temple, Sign, and Sacrament: Towards a New Perspective on the Gospel of John." Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 4 (2008), pp. 107–143.
- "Christ, Kingdom, and Creation: Davidic Christology and Ecclesiology in Luke-Acts." Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 3 (2007), pp. 113-138.
- "Kingdom and Church in Luke-Acts: From Davidic Christology to Kingdom Ecclesiology." Reading Luke: Interpretation, Reflections, Formation Scripture and Hermeneutics Series VI; eds., Craig Bartholomew, Joel Green, Anthony Thiselton (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2005), pp. 294-326.
- Reasons to Believe (pp. 143-188; chs. 11-14)
- "Liturgy and Empire: Prophetic Historiography and Faith in Exile in 1-2 Chronicles." Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 5 (2009), pp. 13-50.
- "Scripture and the Liturgy: Inseparably United." Origins 35.39 (March 16, 2006), pp. 648-653.
- "Worship in the Word: Toward a Liturgical Hermeneutic." Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 1 (2005), pp. 101-136.
- "What Laws Were Not Good: A Canonical Approach to the Theological Problem of Ezekiel 20:25-26" with John Bergsma. Journal of Biblical Literature 123.2 (2004), pp. 201-218.
- "Noah’s Nakedness and the Curse on Canaan (Genesis 9:20-27)" with John Seitze Bergsma. Journal of Biblical Literature 124.1 (Spring 2005), pp. 25-40.
Readings from Catholic Bible Dictionary:
RECOMMENDED ARTICLES BY VARIOUS AUTHORS
Letter & Spirit Journal Articles
- "The 'Ransom for Many,' the New Exodus, and the End of the Exile: Redemption as the Restoration of All Israel (Mark 10:35-45)," by Brant Pitre. Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 1 (2005), pp. 41-68.
- "The Kingdom of God and the Heavenly-Earthly Church," by Christoph Cardinal Schönborn, O. P. Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 2 (2006), pp. 217–234.
- "The Sacraments and the History of Salvation," by Jean Cardinal Daniélou, S. J. Letter & Spirit: A Journal of Catholic Biblical Theology 2 (2006), pp. 203-215.
- "Kinship and Covenant in Ancient Israel," by Frank Moore Cross. From Epic to Canon: History and Literature in Ancient Israel (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000), pp. 3-21.
- NOT REQUIRED: "Priests of My People," by Bryan Alan Stewart. Dissertation in defense of a Doctor of Philosophy degree at the University of Virginia (May 2006).
- "Old and New Testament: Participation and Analogy," by Horacio Simian-Yofre, S.J. Vatican II: Assessment and Perspectives; ed. Rene Latourelle (New York: Paulist Press, 1988), pp. 267-298.